- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES voting members are reminded to cast their ballots in the 2013 election for members of the Board of Governors. The deadline to cast your vote is 5:00 PM (EST) on Friday, July 12, 2013.
The positions open this year are:
• Vice President (4 positions)
• Governor (3 positions)
There is also a proposal to amend the AES Bylaws.
All voting members should have received an email from Christopher V. Freitag, Chair, Board of Tellers notifying them of the vote. In that email is a Unique PIN which you can use along with your membership number to cast your ballot online.
If you did not receive your ballot call Election Services during normal business hours at +1-800.864.1263.
Associate Members and Student Members are not eligible to vote. We encourage Associate Members to apply to upgrade to Member Status.
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013
A special music concert was held during the 134th AES Convention in Rome, Italy. The concert featured a performance by the Greg Burk Jazz Trio, with guest vocalist Elisabetta Antononi.
As an addition to the concert Robert Schulein made a combined Binaural and HD video recording for downloading following the convention. The audio/video recordings have now been edited and uploaded to YouTube. The recordings have been formatted for either headphone or loudspeaker auditioning by AES members. For those that attended the concert, these recordings will allow the opportunity to compare the live event to a surround audio with video recording process compatible with today’s consumer viewer/listening technology.
Two songs were selected from the one-hour performance and may be viewed or downloaded from YouTube at this time.
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013