In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
AES voting members are reminded to cast their ballots in the 2013 election for members of the Board of Governors. The deadline to cast your vote is 5:00 PM (EST) on Friday, July 12, 2013.
The positions open this year are:
• Vice President (4 positions)
• Governor (3 positions)
There is also a proposal to amend the AES Bylaws.
All voting members should have received an email from Christopher V. Freitag, Chair, Board of Tellers notifying them of the vote. In that email is a Unique PIN which you can use along with your membership number to cast your ballot online.
If you did not receive your ballot call Election Services during normal business hours at +1-800.864.1263.
Associate Members and Student Members are not eligible to vote. We encourage Associate Members to apply to upgrade to Member Status.
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013
A special music concert was held during the 134th AES Convention in Rome, Italy. The concert featured a performance by the Greg Burk Jazz Trio, with guest vocalist Elisabetta Antononi.
As an addition to the concert Robert Schulein made a combined Binaural and HD video recording for downloading following the convention. The audio/video recordings have now been edited and uploaded to YouTube. The recordings have been formatted for either headphone or loudspeaker auditioning by AES members. For those that attended the concert, these recordings will allow the opportunity to compare the live event to a surround audio with video recording process compatible with today’s consumer viewer/listening technology.
Two songs were selected from the one-hour performance and may be viewed or downloaded from YouTube at this time.
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013