In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
Al Schmitt & Friends: AES Roundtable of Award-Winning Engineers
A roundtable discussion of modern recording techniques and trends was hosted by 21-time Grammy-winning engineer and producer Al Schmitt. The panel included some of the biggest names in audio production: Elliot Scheiner (Foo Fighters, Eric Clapton), Ed Cherney (Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones), George Massenburg (Earth Wind & Fire, James Taylor), Chuck Ainley (Mark Knopfler, Dire Straits), and Frank Filipetti (Foreigner, KISS).
Topics covered at the roundtable included:
• Understanding the differences of recording at home, in a project studio and in a larger traditional studio
• How to effectively record drums
• How and when to use effects
• Techniques for vocal thickening
• Obstacles that were encountered and resolved during the recording of classic albums
• Diplomacy in the studio with artists, executives and other stakeholders
This event was sponsored by the Sennheiser Recording Sound Academy and is now freely available for download to all AES members via our Tutorials website.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013