In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
The Audio Engineering Society Inc. is seeking applications for the position of Executive Director; employment will begin on 2012 January 1.
The Executive Director (ED) facilitates the operational activities of the AES and serves as the Society's Chief Operating Officer. The ED is responsible to the AES Board of Governors and its Executive Committee, which provide overall policy guidance and operational oversight. The ED provides leadership and performs such duties as required for AES to refine and successfully meet its strategic objectives, and successfully conduct operations in accordance with its educational and scientific purpose.
The headquarters office of the AES is in New York City, NY and the ED is required to conduct the business of the Society at this office. The ED shall devote best efforts, attention, and energies to the business of the Society, and during the term of employment, may not engage in any other business or occupation which conflicts with this obligation without prior specific written consent of the Board of Governors. This position requires that the applicant be a US citizen or hold a US permanent resident visa. It is preferable that the successful applicant reside in the vicinity of New York City; however, because this is not an absolute requirement, applicants proposing to accomplish the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director while residing elsewhere should provide details as to how they intend to achieve this.
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011