- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
131st AES Committee On Track For Blockbuster Convention
“Expectations for the 131st AES Convention are particularly high this year,” reports committee chair Jim Anderson, “our team is making an extraordinary effort to create an unforgettable event.” Scheduled for Oct. 20 – 23 at NY’S Jacob Javits Center, this year’s attendees will find a wealth of stimulating, challenging, entertaining and informative Workshops, Tutorials, Papers, Master Classes, Technical Tours and Special Events designed to hone their skills and recharge their batteries.
AES executive director Roger Furness reports that the stellar Committee is comprised of seasoned pros whose enthusiasm for the Convention is matched only by their professional accomplishments and peer recognition. “Our chairman Jim Anderson is a particularly accomplished engineer, producer and educator. His organizational acumen and leadership skills make him an indispensible asset. Many of our chairs have served for years and their knowledge of their fields is legendary. Broadcast & Streaming Events chair David Bialik is back for his 23rd consecutive Convention, which we believe is a record,” Furness says. “We are honored to attract this level of talent each year, and our attendees reap huge benefits from their dedication to producing a first rate event.”
The 131st AES Convention Committee is comprised of: Chair Jim Anderson, Broadcast & Streaming Events Chair, David Bialik; Live Sound Co-Chairs Henry Cohen and Mac Kerr; Workshops/Tutorials Chair Natanya Ford; Education Chair John Krivit; Papers Co-Chairs Veronique Larcher and Agnieszka Roginska; Technical Tours Chair, Lou Manno; Games Track Chair, Steve Martz; Facilities Chair, Michael McCoy; EE Co-Chairs, Bob Moses and Jonathan Novick; Tech Tours/Volunteers Chair, Doron Schacter and Master Class Chair, Alan Silverman.
“Our Committee is constantly challenged with topping the previous year’s events, and the 131st Committee is clearly up to the task,” Jim Anderson concludes. “Over the next few months we will announce a number of surprising innovations and high profile participants. The vigor, good humor we see evidenced at each of our Committee meetings convinces me that the 131st Convention will be one for the books.”
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2011