In This Section
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
New Initiative: Call for Engineering Briefs
AES convention attendees have expressed a desire for more application-oriented papers. Our current Convention Papers and Posters are largely research-oriented, but we have a lot of engineers and practitioners who would appreciate presentations of a more practical nature. To this end we are instituting a new presentation initiative at the upcoming London AES Convention, called Engineering Briefs. These are intended to be short verbal talks or poster presentations that will be of interest to AES members. For this first time, only posters will be accepted, to facilitate planning for the Convention. Contributors must supply a short synopsis to indicate their desire to present an Engineering Brief, followed later by an electronic manuscript.
Update for New York: For the 131st Convention we will also accept short 15-minute paper presentations. The deadline is July 15th.
Topics for the Engineering Briefs can be very wide-ranging, such as studio experience, equipment construction, new loudspeaker concepts, room acoustic measurements, analysis of audio equipment, and project studio startups, to name just a few. Relaxed reviewing of submissions will consider mainly whether they are of interest to AES convention attendees and are not overly commercial. Double-column electronic manuscripts will be restricted to 4 pages in length, and they will be available for all members on the AES website, but there will be no paper copies. For more information, please see the Call for Engineering Briefs.
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011