In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
Call for Engineering Briefs
Engineering briefs are intended to be short verbal talks or poster presentations that will be of interest to AES members. Contributors must supply a short synopsis by February 14, 2012 to indicate their desire to present an engineering brief, followed later by an electronic manuscript. These manuscripts will be freely available for download for any AES member during and after the Convention, but there will be no paper copies.
Topics for the Engineering Briefs can be very wide-ranging, such as studio experience, equipment construction, new loudspeaker concepts, room acoustic measurements, analysis of audio equipment, and project studio startups, to name just a few. Relaxed reviewing of submissions will consider mainly whether they are of interest to AES convention attendees and are not overly commercial. Double-column electronic manuscripts following the prescribed template will be restricted to 4 pages in length, and must be supplied by March 27, 2012.
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011