- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
Call for Engineering Briefs
Engineering briefs are intended to be short verbal talks or poster presentations that will be of interest to AES members. Contributors must supply a short synopsis by February 14, 2012 to indicate their desire to present an engineering brief, followed later by an electronic manuscript. These manuscripts will be freely available for download for any AES member during and after the Convention, but there will be no paper copies.
Topics for the Engineering Briefs can be very wide-ranging, such as studio experience, equipment construction, new loudspeaker concepts, room acoustic measurements, analysis of audio equipment, and project studio startups, to name just a few. Relaxed reviewing of submissions will consider mainly whether they are of interest to AES convention attendees and are not overly commercial. Double-column electronic manuscripts following the prescribed template will be restricted to 4 pages in length, and must be supplied by March 27, 2012.
Posted: Monday, December 19, 2011