In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
Call for Papers: Special Issue On Auditory Displays
Publication Date: Summer 2012
Special Issue Editors: Agnieszka Roginska, Tony Stockman, Bruce Walker and Oussama Metatla
Auditory Display is a highly interdisciplinary area of research concerning all aspects of the use of sound to convey information and ideas. The focus of this special issue is on auditory displays and the range of interdisciplinary issues related to their use. We invite the submission of high-quality papers in all areas of interest to those who work with sound as a medium for conveying information and ideas. Submitted papers will address the concerns shared by those who work primarily with informational and affective aspects of sound including sonification of data and processes, synthetic and composed sound, musical sound, natural sound, and all issues related to interaction with sound, specifically, how it is presented to and apprehended by listeners. Submissions are sought on topics that extend from basic research in auditory display to application domains in the arts and sciences, mobile applications, accessibility, audio technology, information and communications technology, computer games, engineering analysis, medicine, and more.
Original papers presenting unpublished material relating to research in, but not restricted to, the topics listed below are invited for consideration for the special issue. Submit complete 4- to 10-page papers by 2011 November 11.
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011