In This Section
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26 — Expanded Exhibits Hall and Tech Program Offerings for Free and Premium Badges
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26
- AES to Hold First International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality – Paper Proposal Deadline Extended to May 23rd
- Conference to focus on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
AES Mobile App Is Now Available For Free Download
In an effort to provide 131st AES Convention attendees with up-to-the-minute details on Convention events, AES webmaster Steve Johnson has coordinated the development of a mobile app that will work on iOS devices, such as the iPhone and iPad, plus most Android devices. Available for free download at the Apple and Android stores or via links on the Audio Engineering Society website, the app is loaded with extensive information about the 131st AES Convention, set for Oct. 20-23 at NY’s Javits Convention Center. Additionally, it will be updated frequently to provide ongoing news and videos to keep it a vital year-round AES information source.
The AES “News” tab includes convention news and a full list of exhibitors, plus maps of the technical sessions and the exhibition floor can be found in the “Photos” tab. The “Events” tab features the entire Convention Technical Program Calendar to enable attendees to add each session to their mobile device calendar. Each day’s events are grouped together, and each session includes a descriptive abstract and participant list.
In addition to information about the 131st Convention, the app’s “Video” tab features previews of “AES Oral Histories” interviews, the “Podcasts” tab has audio summaries of recent AES Journal issues, and a Twitter feed contains updates on late-breaking developments.
"A huge percentage of our members rely on smartphones to stay organized and get the latest AES news,” Johnson says. “These iPhone and Android apps are the next logical step in keeping them connected to the AES while on the go.”
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011