- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
As preparations for the 129th AES Convention enter the final weeks of a full year of planning, Convention Co-Chairs Valerie Tyler and Jim McTigue have announced that the Preliminary Calendar of Events is now live at http://www.aes.org/events/129/ The convention is set for Nov. 4-7 at SF’s Moscone Center.
“The Preliminary Calendar is a user-friendly, full-color timetable of events, presenters, and drop-down abstracts describing papers, workshops and tutorials,” Tyler reports. “Fine-tuning will continue for some time to come, with program changes, including last-minute shifts in times, locations and participants,” Tyler adds. “However, the Preliminary Calendar will provide an excellent touchstone for attendees looking to develop their own preliminary schedules.”
“The 129th Convention Committee has developed a remarkable program,” said AES Executive Director Roger Furness. “Their tireless, entirely volunteer efforts cannot be over-emphasized. The countless hours they’ve devoted to planning Broadcast, Live Sound, Platinum, Historical, Master Class, Student and Special Events, Workshops, Papers, Tutorials and Technical Tours have produced a not-to-be-missed four-day event.
“The AES objective of remaining indispensible to next-generation attendees is exemplified by the rapidly shifting issue of technology design. To that end, we have dedicated a special track to the field of Product Design,” Furness adds. “Engineers, broadcasters, sound and music producers and students will find a concentrated program designed to provide in-depth awareness of this essential arena.”
“Our Exhibitors’ list includes many of our industry’s leading technology innovators,” concludes 129th Committee Co-Chair Jim McTigue. “AES Conventions remain the primary venue to see and discuss new gear, and, an irreplaceable forum for students, educators, technology designers, manufacturers and users, to exchange ideas. The 129th Convention looms as a strong candidate for a new standard of excellence in this mission.”
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010
Our Board of Tellers recently announced the results of the AES election, and we can now welcome our new 2010-2011 officers who will take office on November 14, 2010:
President Elect: Jan Abildgaard Pedersen
Secretary: Robert E. Lee Jr.
Treasurer-Elect: Garry Margolis
Vice President Eastern US and Canada: Robert W. Breen
Vice President Western US and Canada: Sean E. Olive
Vice President Northern Europe: Ville Pulkki
Vice President Southern Europe: No nominations were received for this position
Governors: Veronique Larcher, Peter G. Cook, and Bruce Craig Olson
Please welcome our new officers!
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010