- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
The AES Regions & Sections and Membership Committees have been collaborating on a pilot project to make available recordings of section meetings to current AES members. The first six of these are now available, attached to meeting reports on the AES website. A brief summary is provided below. We are aware that some sections make recordings of their meetings available in various forms, on their own websites, but this is an attempt to bring selected meetings to the attention of the wider AES community. We hope to bring you further section meeting recordings over the coming months as more sections begin to take part in the project. Thanks are especially due to Theresa Leonard and David Bowles for their hard work during this pilot phase.
Francis Rumsey, Chair, Regions and Section
- Vancouver: ‘Education working with Industry panel discussion’, with Theresa Leonard (Banff Center), Bob Grieve (VFS Sound Design), Chad York (Next Level Games), Frankie Mann (DTS), Mark Scott (Post Modern Sound), & Warren Brown. (Audio only)
- San Francisco: John Paulson and James Arntz discuss the documentary ‘Les Paul, Chasing Sound’ with David Bowles. (Audio only)
- Boston: ‘Building an Audio Plug-in: From Concept to Release Date’, Jeremy Todd - iZotope, Inc. (Audio and video)
- British: ‘Maintaining audio-video sync in today’s broadcast environment’ (Audio only)
- British: ‘An interview with Neville Thiele’ (Audio only)
- British: ‘From hi-fi to PA: predicting and measuring what we hear’, Peter Mapp. (Audio only)
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010
The Nominations Committee is at this time soliciting the names of members to be considered for possible inclusion in the 2010 ballot for election of officers to the Board of Governors. To aid us in this task, please let us know if there is someone you would like us to consider for this election.
To be eligible for nomination, a candidate must be a voting member of the Society and belong to one of the following membership categories: honorary member, fellow, or member, and must be willing and able to attend the meeting of the Board of Governors each year.
Nominations must be received by February 22, 2010 and can now be submitted online.
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010