In This Section
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26 — Expanded Exhibits Hall and Tech Program Offerings for Free and Premium Badges
- Early Registration Pricing for AES Paris Convention Extended to May 26
- AES to Hold First International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality – Paper Proposal Deadline Extended to May 23rd
- Conference to focus on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
The AES Regions & Sections and Membership Committees have been collaborating on a pilot project to make available recordings of section meetings to current AES members. The first six of these are now available, attached to meeting reports on the AES website. A brief summary is provided below. We are aware that some sections make recordings of their meetings available in various forms, on their own websites, but this is an attempt to bring selected meetings to the attention of the wider AES community. We hope to bring you further section meeting recordings over the coming months as more sections begin to take part in the project. Thanks are especially due to Theresa Leonard and David Bowles for their hard work during this pilot phase.
Francis Rumsey, Chair, Regions and Section
- Vancouver: ‘Education working with Industry panel discussion’, with Theresa Leonard (Banff Center), Bob Grieve (VFS Sound Design), Chad York (Next Level Games), Frankie Mann (DTS), Mark Scott (Post Modern Sound), & Warren Brown. (Audio only)
- San Francisco: John Paulson and James Arntz discuss the documentary ‘Les Paul, Chasing Sound’ with David Bowles. (Audio only)
- Boston: ‘Building an Audio Plug-in: From Concept to Release Date’, Jeremy Todd - iZotope, Inc. (Audio and video)
- British: ‘Maintaining audio-video sync in today’s broadcast environment’ (Audio only)
- British: ‘An interview with Neville Thiele’ (Audio only)
- British: ‘From hi-fi to PA: predicting and measuring what we hear’, Peter Mapp. (Audio only)
Posted: Saturday, February 13, 2010
The Nominations Committee is at this time soliciting the names of members to be considered for possible inclusion in the 2010 ballot for election of officers to the Board of Governors. To aid us in this task, please let us know if there is someone you would like us to consider for this election.
To be eligible for nomination, a candidate must be a voting member of the Society and belong to one of the following membership categories: honorary member, fellow, or member, and must be willing and able to attend the meeting of the Board of Governors each year.
Nominations must be received by February 22, 2010 and can now be submitted online.
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010