In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
A full year of preparation, augmented by hopeful rays of economic sunshine and a spirit-boosting World Series sweep by the SF Giants, provided 129th AES Convention exhibitors and attendees with an enthusiastic platform for previewing the industry’s latest hardware and software advances, re-establishing relationships and, updating business and technical expertise.
Over 14,000 attendees and more than 300 exhibitors crowded the Exhibition Hall, Workshops, Tech Tours, Panels, Platinum, Live Sound and Special Events.
“AES continues to represent the interests of the most serious, most influential and most advanced audience for professional audio gear and technology.” AES executive director Roger Furness says. “The growing appreciation for the quality of our technical programs, coupled with a palpable sense of community and an improving business climate continues to make the AES Convention a bellwether for positive developments in the world of professional audio."
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Our Board of Tellers recently announced the results of the AES election, and we can now welcome our new 2010-2011 officers:
President Elect: Jan Abildgaard Pedersen
Secretary: Robert E. Lee Jr.
Treasurer-Elect: Garry Margolis
Vice President Eastern US and Canada: Robert W. Breen
Vice President Western US and Canada: Sean E. Olive
Vice President Northern Europe: Ville Pulkki
Vice President Southern Europe: No nominations were received for this position
Governors: Veronique Larcher, Peter G. Cook, and Bruce Craig Olson
These new officers join our current Board members James A. (Jim) Kaiser (President), Diemer de Vries (Past President), Frank Wells (VP), Bozena Kostek (VP), Joel Vieira De Brito (VP), Kimio Hamasaki (VP), David Josephson (Governor), David Murphy (Governor), Agnieszka Roginska (Governor), Jim Anderson (Governor), and Bob Moses (Governor).
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010