- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Honorary Membership Award
Ronald E. Uhlig
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 2013, Ronald E. Uhlig was presented with the AES Honorary Membership Award in recognition of his pioneering engineering achievements to enhance the film sound experience for the audience, including the development of international standard setting technology that allowed stereo variable area soundtracks to replace monaural film sound, and later, the development of digital data read/write capability for 35mm digital audio.