In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Honorary Membership Award
Ronald E. Uhlig
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 2013, Ronald E. Uhlig was presented with the AES Honorary Membership Award in recognition of his pioneering engineering achievements to enhance the film sound experience for the audience, including the development of international standard setting technology that allowed stereo variable area soundtracks to replace monaural film sound, and later, the development of digital data read/write capability for 35mm digital audio.