In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AES Distinguished Service Medal Award
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 2009, Irv Joel was presented with the AES Distinguished Service Medal Award in recognition of his many years of service to the New York Section, to AES Conventions both as a committee member and contributor, to the Historical Committee and in particular the Oral History Project, and to the Standards Committee, of which he was a founder member.