- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Gold Medal Award
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Eberhard Zwicker was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for his career-long outstanding contributions to the science of hearing; in particular, for his research work on loudness perception, with the concept of "Frequenzgruppen" or auditory critical bandwidths and development of loudness measuring devices, for his discovery concerning temporal auditory processing, for his physical model of cochlear hydrodynamics, and for his work with cochlear transplants.