In This Section
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline is Friday, July 10th
- AES Continues European Growth with Highly Successful 138th Audio Engineering Society Convention in Warsaw, Poland
- First-ever AES Convention in Poland draws attendees and presenters from around the world
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
AES Gold Medal Award
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Eberhard Zwicker was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for his career-long outstanding contributions to the science of hearing; in particular, for his research work on loudness perception, with the concept of "Frequenzgruppen" or auditory critical bandwidths and development of loudness measuring devices, for his discovery concerning temporal auditory processing, for his physical model of cochlear hydrodynamics, and for his work with cochlear transplants.