In This Section
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
- The AES Celebrates Its E-Library Publications and Collections in September with FREE Offer for Members
- All members receive 25 free downloads in September 2015
- AES 2015 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2015 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 10th
AES Gold Medal Award
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Eberhard Zwicker was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for his career-long outstanding contributions to the science of hearing; in particular, for his research work on loudness perception, with the concept of "Frequenzgruppen" or auditory critical bandwidths and development of loudness measuring devices, for his discovery concerning temporal auditory processing, for his physical model of cochlear hydrodynamics, and for his work with cochlear transplants.