In This Section
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
AES Gold Medal Award
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Eberhard Zwicker was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for his career-long outstanding contributions to the science of hearing; in particular, for his research work on loudness perception, with the concept of "Frequenzgruppen" or auditory critical bandwidths and development of loudness measuring devices, for his discovery concerning temporal auditory processing, for his physical model of cochlear hydrodynamics, and for his work with cochlear transplants.