In This Section
- Berlin Convention Registration Now Open!
- Mobile App is Also Ready to Download
- Call for Nominations Deadline Approaching
- Deadline is February 17th
- 135th AES Convention Hits A Five-Year High
- Convention takes a bite out of the Big Apple and reminds the industry that “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES”
- AES 2013 Election Results
- The results are in!
AES Gold Medal Award
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Eberhard Zwicker was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for his career-long outstanding contributions to the science of hearing; in particular, for his research work on loudness perception, with the concept of "Frequenzgruppen" or auditory critical bandwidths and development of loudness measuring devices, for his discovery concerning temporal auditory processing, for his physical model of cochlear hydrodynamics, and for his work with cochlear transplants.