In This Section
- First Book in "AES Presents" Series from Focal Press
- New edition of Handbook for Sound Engineers, edited by Glen Ballou
- 137th Audio Engineering Society Convention Breaks Records and Draws Acclaim from Attendees, Exhibitors and Presenters Alike
- Convention reminds West-Coast audio community, “If It’s About Audio, It’s At AES!”
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
AES Gold Medal Award
Michael A. Gerzon
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Michael A. Gerzon was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for over 20 years of continuous development of the theoretical basis of surround-sound reproduction systems in general and of the means to realize them in practice; in particular, the award honors his outstanding contributions to the theory, analysis, and design of the Ambisonic surround-sound system and of the soundfield microphone.