- AES 2016 Election Results Announced
- The AES has released the list of winning candidates from the balloting in the 2016 Audio Engineering Society international elections
- AES Opens Early Registration & Housing Options for AES Los Angeles, September 29 — October 2
- Use promo code AES141WEB at checkout for FREE Exhibit-Plus badge
- Research Finds Audible Differences with High-Resolution Audio
- Listeners can hear a difference between standard audio and better-than-CD quality, known as high-resolution audio
- AES Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality Announces Program Details
- New Conference focusses on AR/VR creative process, applications workflow and product development
AES Gold Medal Award
Michael A. Gerzon
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Michael A. Gerzon was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for over 20 years of continuous development of the theoretical basis of surround-sound reproduction systems in general and of the means to realize them in practice; in particular, the award honors his outstanding contributions to the theory, analysis, and design of the Ambisonic surround-sound system and of the soundfield microphone.