In This Section
- AES 2014 Election Results
- The results are in!
- Time to Vote: 2014 AES Elections
- Deadline was Friday, July 11th
- AES Showcases Latest Audio Innovations and Best Practices at 136th International Convention in Berlin
- Successful Technical Program and Exhibition draw high attendance and positive response from attendees and exhibitors alike
- Graham Blyth Celebrates 20 years of Organ Concerts at AES 135
- Audio and Video Downloads Now Available
AES Gold Medal Award
Michael A. Gerzon
The AES recognizes and honors those who have made outstanding contributions to the field of audio in engineering, technology, service, and the arts through its Awards Program.
In 1991, Michael A. Gerzon was presented with the AES Gold Medal Award for over 20 years of continuous development of the theoretical basis of surround-sound reproduction systems in general and of the means to realize them in practice; in particular, the award honors his outstanding contributions to the theory, analysis, and design of the Ambisonic surround-sound system and of the soundfield microphone.