In This Section
- AES Opens Early Registration and Discounted Pricing for 140th International Convention in Paris, June 4 – 7
- FREE "Exhibits-Plus" Badge and premium "All Access" Badge options now available online for Europe’s largest pro audio event of the year
- The Audio Engineering Society Launches AES Live Online Video Collection
- Exclusive videos featuring interviews with past, present and future leaders of our industry
- Binaural Listening Trends Tracked at 140th International Audio Engineering Society Convention
- An ever-expanding aspect of present-day audio
- Call for Board of Governors Nominations
- Deadline is February 15th
AES Historical Comm Agenda, 115th, New York
Notice and Agenda for the
AES Historical Committee Meeting
2003 October 11th at the 115th Convention, New York
The meeting is scheduled to take place at the Javits Center, on Saturday from 10:00 to 12:00, in a Room to be announced later. The meeting will be chaired by Historical Committee Chair Jay McKnight.
Please bring the reports cited below with you -- we don't plan on having these reports to distribute at the meeting. And please read the on-line documents cited below before you come to the meeting. If you need to read the documents at the meeting, there won't be time for much discussion -- we will have two hours to conduct the meeting.
1 Opening Greeting by Chair Jay McKnight
2 Introduction of attendees
3 Amendments to and approval of agenda
4 Previous minutes: Minutes from the AES 114th Convention, Amsterdam, 2003-03-24 http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/minutes/aeshc-minutes-114th-2003-03-24.html were approved by email, as suggested at the Amsterdam meeting, with no comment.
5 Committee Report to the Governors is now available
to view at http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/committee.repts/aesrept2003-10-08.html
6 Ongoing projects
6.1 Report from this convention: David Baker .
6.2 Report from Myles Cochran Davis, on the new project to create a Directory of Museums etc that contain historic audio equipment or documents.
6.3 Please look at our website http://www.aes.org/aeshc/ . Comments? Questions? Contributions?
6.4 If you would like to do a historical project, please come and tell us about it. See our website for status of projects: http://www.aes.org/aeshc/
6.5 We (still) need both interviewers and interviewees for the "Oral History Project", especially for those outside of the US. Ideas? Volunteers? Report from Irv Joel. See http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/oralhist/oral-history-project.html
7 New business
7.1 Date of next European Convention8 Date of next meeting
7.2 Other new business.