In This Section
Synthetic Reverberator - January 1960
Sound Board: High-Resolution Audio - October 2015
Synchronized Swept-Sine: Theory, Application, and Implementation - October 2015
AES Member Profile
- Recording Industry - Music Recording/Mix Studio
- Recording Industry - Home/Project Studio
- Recording Industry - Mastering Studio
- Recording Industry - Post Production
- Recording Industry - Film/Video Sound
- Recording Industry - Location Sound Recording
- Broadcasting - Television Sound
- Live Sound - Concert Sound
- Acoustic Consultant
- Mastering Engineer
- Production Sound Mixer/Sound Recordist
- Recording Engineer
- Re-Recording Mixer
- Sound Designer
B.S. in Music Recording from University of Southern California, Thornton School of Music.
Over 15 Years in the recording business, from analog 2" multi-track to the latest Pro tools system.
Full recording and mixing background. Strong technical knowledge of audio recording systems, signal flow, acoustics, audio wiring and troubleshooting. Mechanical and electrical engineering background, studio maintenance, repair and electronic modifications. Proficient classical and electric jazz guitarist. I can also read and write music.
I have worked with Los Angeles' finest studio musicians along with some of the top advertising agency clients for national TV and radio commercials for over 14 years. I have performed over 1000 'recording sessions' as the first engineer, tracked and mixed literally thousands of songs, everything from rock pop jazz to big band and orchestra. Highly experienced in session set-up, from hardware to software, fully capable of complete session preparation and organization.
• Feature Films: Re-Recording mixer for feature 'Savage Land' (2015), Mastering engineer for series 'The Substitute' (2015), 5.1 orchestral music mixing for international feature film, 'Day of Redemption' (2013). Additional engineering credits for 'Paul McCartney: Early Days' (2014), 'Phantom Halo' (2014), 'Camp X-Ray' (2014) 'The Bag Men' (2014), 'Very Good Girls' (2013), 'We're Not Strangers' (2013), 'The Savoy King' (2012), 'Prom' (2011), 'The Change Up' (2011), 'Hide Away' (2011), 'Shrek 4' (2010), 'Ball Don't Lie', 'The Night Girl', 'Humboldt County', and 'What Matters Most'.
• Advertising: Recorded and mixed Paul Bessenbacher's (Emoto music) musical arrangement of 'Mercy Street', a PSA for the National Domestic Violence Hotline, winner of 2010 AICP award and 2011 CLIO Bronze award for musical adaptation. Other past highlights include Opus Orange iPhone 4 TV ad and CareerBuilder 2010 and 2012 Super Bowl ads.
• Television Shows: Recorded and mixed original music main title theme for Disney's 'Wizards of Waverly Place', 'The Suite Life of Zack & Cody', and 'The Suite Life on Deck'.
Independent recording and mixing engineer at my studio called, Blue Ribbon Studios, from recording and mixing entire independent albums to short and feature film mixing and sound design. http://www.blueribbonstudios.com/
BS in Music Recording, University of Southern California, Thornton School of Music
AES Member Profiles
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.