In This Section
Sound Board: High-Resolution Audio - October 2015
Synchronized Swept-Sine: Theory, Application, and Implementation - October 2015
Effect of Microphone Number and Positioning on the Average of Frequency Responses in Cinema Calibration - October 2015
AES Member Profile
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Hardware
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Software
- Product Design & Manufacturing - Research & Development
- Hardware Designer
- DSP Engineer
- Production Sound Mixer/Sound Recordist
- Recording Engineer
- Software Designer
Francesca Ortolani received the Master's degree in Electronic Engineering from the University of Rome "La Sapienza" in 2014, with specialization in Circuits and Algorithms for Signal Processing. She received a diploma in Sound Engineering (Fonia e Music Technology) from Saint Louis College of Music in Rome in 2009.
She is currently a PhD student in Information and Communication Technology at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" (ISPAMM (Intelligent Signal Processing and MultiMedia Lab).
She works as hardware/software designer and prototyping/test engineer at Ironbridge Electronics. She is co-founder of Ironbridge Electronics.
Current interests and research areas with Ironbridge Electronics:
Power Amplifiers, Array Processing, Sensors, Sound applications to naval undersea warfare.
Current interests and research areas as PhD student at "La Sapienza":
Hypercomplex Adaptive Filters, Array Processing, Immersive Audio.
Past work experience:
- Tutor in Hard Disk Recording (Film Music Composition Course) at Saint Louis College of Music in Rome.
- Tutor in Hard Disk Recording at Radio Shack School of Audio Technologies, where she currently organizes workshops about electronics and electrotechnics.
- Sound engineer/technical advisor in Audio Forensics for a private investigation company in Rome.
AES Member Profiles
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.