Job Title: Associate Fellow | President
Company: MSG Ventures | TimbreMill, LLC
Member since: 2011
Primary Section: New York
Erik Hockman is a multi-national award-winning creative media producer, audio/visual systems designer, and product developer. His passion is orchestrating the seamless blend of art and technology creating innovative experiences that invoke emotion and wonder.
With over 30 years of professional experience working in the themed entertainment, special venue, and leisure industries Erik has held leadership roles in live and studio content creation, broadcast engineering, theatre audio and show control design, film sound, live entertainment production, and engineering/construction management. He is the owner of TimbreMill, a professional loudspeaker company and is actively involved in developing innovative new control and DSP systems.
Erik has designed numerous projects for clients including Disney, Universal Studios, Panasonic, Anheuser-Busch, David Bowie, Yanni, and Luther Vandross. Of special note, Erik is extremely proud to have lead the Audio/Visual systems design at Universal Studios Japan for virtually every show, ride, attraction, and facility, from the park's conception through present date.
Currently Erik is an Associate Fellow with Madison Square Garden Ventures, where he is leading the audio and acoustics team designing iconic structures, developing immersive experiences, and creating groundbreaking technologies. He holds a BFA from California Institute of the Arts in Sound Design for Theater, Music Composition, and Production Management.
Themed Entertainment Association
• THEA Award: 2018, 2017, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2007, 2002, 1996
International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
• IAAPA Brass Ring Award: 2017, 2015, 2013
• IAAPA Big E Award: 2009
Backstage Critics Choice
• Backstage Award: 2003
• BFA in Sound Design, Music Composition, and Production Management - California Institute of the Arts, Valencia California
• MSG Ventures - Associate Fellow 2017~Current
• TimbreMill, LLC - President 2010~Current
• Universal Creative - Audio, Video, Projection, Design & Engineering Manager 2012~2017
• Audio By The Bay - Director, Show Systems Design | Media Producer 2004~2012
• Artistry Entertainment - Vice President | Creative Director 2001~2004
• Universal Studios Japan - Parkwide Audio/Video Design and Engineering Manager 1995~2001
• Palace Sports & Entertainment - Audio Broadcast Engineer
• The Echo Hotel Consultancy - Principal Consultant
• Freelance Audio Mixer and Producer
Designing the future of audio, venues, and entertainment.
To be an actively contributing participant of the professional audio community promoting audio education, awareness, standards, and most of all good sound.
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.