Job Title: Owner
Company: Leafdale Audio Video Engineering
Primary Section: Los Angeles
LinkedIn Address: http://www.linkedin.com/in/krsalger
I am an experienced broadcasting professional whose goal is the most flawless production possible. From pre-production meetings, through production, image, and sound capture, to post-production editing and broadcast, knowing what to do right and what to do when something goes wrong is critical to the success of the show.
As a theatrical technical director, an audio engineer, or a broadcast engineer, I know the challenges a production faces, and constantly strive to prevent issues with best practices, react calmly when new issues arise, and learn from past problems.
- Theater Production: live sound reinforcement, live sound recording, light board operation, fly rail, carpentry, rigging, client & talent interaction
- Television Production: audio, camera, lighting, tape operator, teleprompter
- Television Post-production: non-linear audio editing, non-linear video editing, technical evaluations
- Broadcast Engineering: satellite uplink and downlink, content ingest, master control, camera shader, audio & video routing
- Instruction: college-level electricity, algebra, geometry, chemistry, physics, materials science, test-taking skills, technical theater, English, & juggling.
Post Baccalaureate studies:
- Information Technology, Networking, Routing, Switching
- Technical Writing
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Cal Poly Pomona
- Owner of Leafdale Audio Video Engineering, Long Beach, CA
- Assistant Technical Director, Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) Performance Spaces, Charlotte, NC
- Audio Engineer, WTVI PBS Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Broadcast Engineer, WTVI PBS Channel 42, Charlotte, NC
Part-time Instructor at Central Piedmont Community College, teaching electrical and electronics concepts, theory, and practicum to future electricians and HVAC technicians.
I joined AES for several reasons: to keep up with audio technology & trends, for camaraderie, & to learn about other aspects of audio with which I was previously unaware.
If you are an AES member and would like to create your own AES member profile like this one then click here.